Sunday 16 February 2020

Bushra Fatime, Feature, English 41



Not checked
Pleasures of Shopping at Latifabad Unit#8 Bazar

Whenever I am in need of variety of different things and can’t visit different markets because of the shortage of time I always decide to visit 8 Number Market, it satisfies all of my needs at once. whether its crockery shopping, home décor, imitation or gold jewellery, toys, kids clothing stuff, and ofcourse men and women clothing and even fruits.
And yes! how can I forget the most interesting yet the most entertaining part of this Market,
The shopkeepers and the way they deal with their customers is literally the best and often convincing and so my mother is no less she is having an immense lifetime experience of shopping from their whenever she ask for the price of any clothing stuff the shopkeeper tells 10 times increased price than it actually is, but what I think at that time is “uncle: you don’t know my mother! she is even more experienced than you think of her you can’t convince her in your choice of price lol”.

Once I recently went to buy some cooking pot along with my Mother and we visited almost 5 of the shops from 8 Number Market because we were not satisfying from any of them as Mothers are always not trying to look experienced but they actually are experienced and I observed this thing that day, when she asked a shopkeeper about the quality of the (bhagona) that is it stainless steel or not? she was trying to know that iron is mixed in it or not!
The shopkeeper replied: Yes Mam, it’s absolutely pure stainless steel and I bet you, you won’t get this quality in the whole Market.
My mother then asked for a magnet to test the pot.
Then the shopkeeper got a bit nervous because he realized that he can’t make the lady fool.
After a minute he came back along with a magnet and gave that to her. 
My mother then touched the magnet to the pot and the magnet got sticked with the pot and I was impressed with my mother like wow, well played Mom! and after that she did the same thing with almost 3 of the shops and for the 4th time we finally got a pure stainless steel from a Crystal Care shop of Crockery and the only fixed price shop there.
They never leave behind the respect element but still they sometimes hypnotize us so we can’t deny of the good quality of the thing. Aunts always do the same thing that, after a long long session of observation and then choosing the best thing out of the stuff they begin to know the prize and then act like what? (itna mehnga! nai bhai nai) and end up buying the stuff in half of the price that the shopkeeper asked for and I really appreciate and already learning these shopping hacks.

Every bit of the Latifabad Kapra Bazar is definitely very unique and attractive in its own way, every shop connects with one another, the shopkeepers spend almost all of the day together they seems like a family and definitely I can see them helping each other too.
The best thing while shopping at Latifabad unit 8, is the samosa and chat houses, and I really enjoy having food there. And the quotation written on the wall of the samosa house narrating (The home where a Educated mother lives, is itself a School or University of humanity) and I am seeing this post from the very beginning and I always found this saying inspirational.
The Latifabad unit 8 Market is one of a kind because it has still all the old traditions that other Markets doesn’t have! Especially if one wants to make a wedding dress of their own choice like I do, so yes you can’t get any better option than this. It can satisfy your pocket and desire at the same time. So what can be better than that.







Feature by : Bushra Fatima
BS-III 
MC/2k18/41





No comments:

Post a Comment