Thursday 20 February 2020

Komal Qureshi English Feature 74


Brawl At PactMUN
Feature by Komal Qureshi
2k18/MC/74
A friend of mine suggested me to participate in MUN (model united nations) basically it’s an educational as well as entertaining event of three days, it’s meant to engage students and allow them to develop deeper understanding into current world issues. It didn’t sound much fun to me so I actually didn’t want to go first but because of peer pressure, I went there.
First day was all about the opening ceremony, on the other day we attended sessions and the third day was closing ceremony along with an award-giving eve and a Qawali night of Sabri Brothers.
On third day, we received our certificate of participation and awards for being best delegate. On the same day, at night we reached there to attend qawali along with our male friends and guess what? We were forbidden to sit with them because according to them, there were separate seating arrangements for males and females, we were astonished as well as upset that we cannot enjoy the qawali night with our friends. We claimed that there is no such rule in MUN’s and nothing like this was even mentioned before we have invited our friends and we will sit with them that’s it! Slowly and gradually the crowd started staring at us as our voices were raised up.
This rule was acceptable as the venue where MUN was happening was a girls school we were expecting such thing so it was not a valid reason to create a mess with the authority but no matter what we still created a brawl there, maybe we wanted to generate a scene there just for fun, so we started yelling at them and accused them for their stupid, old fashioned rules and policies. Watching us fighting, some random people over there who were also annoyed by this rule, came and joined us. As the situation was getting out of hands the president, security general, director general and some teachers came to talk to us and tried to handle the condition. At first i was as excited as it was my first serious fight with guys but then it got worst.
A guy from the authority who was president came and started misbehaving with me and my friends he also pushed back a male friend of mine and in return my friend slapped him, there was 5-6 seconds silence as they both were staring at each other and the president was like what the hell has just happened to me and then BOOM, a massive brawl was held there, they both started beating the hell out of each other everybody started running here and there, a huge mess was created, the whole event was ruined but the only people who didn’t cared about the fight was the Qawals, they didn’t even bothered to stop singing.
As an enormous mob was assemble there, somebody literally snatched my side bag from my hand and ran away in which I was having my brand new glasses, some amount of money and my ID card, but I was too busy in fighting that I didn’t even make the effort to look back at that person who robbed me.
Well, the fight was ended by a male teacher, at the end the president forced us to leave the event, but we were being obstinate as always meanwhile, the president asked us to take our money back which we paid to be in the event and then just go away. On listening to this we gave each other a look and instantly agreed on this deal. He was trapped in his own words and had to return our money-back which was against the policy of MUN so he had to pay that same amount of money to the organizers of pactMUN as well.
This is how my first fight was ended with a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment