Saturday 29 February 2020

Komal Qureshi - Profile English 74



Javed Larik an Educated Patriot

Profile By
Komal Qureshi
2k18/MC/74


Javed Larik was offered to teach at Leeds University, London as a professor and they were offering him a handsome amount of money and a green card visa but he refused to do so he said, “I would like to render my services to my motherland instead of England”. He sacrificed his career, money and wealth for his nation. 

Javed Larik was born in a middle-class family with high-class dreams and goals. His father was a horse rider in police and his mother was headmistress, they had really limited resources. He always wanted to get a good education but his parents were incapable of doing so. Instead of giving up in these circumstances he decided to work hard and achieve his goal. “In my childhood, instead of playing with other kids I’ve worked hard to earn money for my education”.

He started earning by binding books and papers, he earned 90 rupees for the first time. He was in 9th class when he started giving home tuitions, he had 8 students at that time and started earning 400 rupees per month. He also worked at a tailor’s shop, he used to make paper bags too, and also worked at a general store, along with that he also continued his studies in a government school at Bhitshah. This is how he paid for his own education.

In 1992 he got admission to Mehran University and in 1993 he got a government job as a primary school teacher. In 1995 he completed his bachelor of art. In 1997 he completed his masters in Sindhi major. In 1998 he officially graduated from Mehran University as an engineer.

He gave 2 attempts for Central Superior Service (CSS) but unfortunately failed both of them. He correspondingly attempted PCS and conceded it but there was a case going on it so he did not get the job, the case is still going on.
In 2001 he got a job at Mehran University as a lecturer. In 2002 he applied for masters but couldn’t complete it. Then he attempted GRE and got a scholarship at Leeds University, England for Ph.D. He was there for 5 years, after completing his Ph.D. Then his life took a huge turn.

He came back to Pakistan and continued teaching at Mehran University as a professor of mechanics and project management. He also runs several institutions of NAVTECH which have certified programs for engineering and its related courses. He also works in the office of Research and Innovation at Mehran University. He has achieved many rewards regarding his teaching. He’s also good speaker and career counselor. He has received awards in speaking.

“I don’t want any child to suffer like me, I don’t want anyone to go through hell the way I did”. He built an evening school in Bhitshah for those kids who do labor in the morning to earn their livelihood and are unable to get a good education. He is giving free education to them. He also donates thousands of books every month to poor kids who can’t afford it. He visits rural areas almost after every two or three months and give free education sessions and aware people over there, about the importance of education and provoke them to let their children study.
He is giving free tuition services in his own house in the evening to all the penurious ones “I will do as much as I can, to educate my country, until my last breath”. Not only Mr. Larik himself but his whole family including his son, daughter and his wife helps him with this. “This is the only legacy I have, I want my children to walk on my footsteps and try to educate as many children of Pakistan as they can after me”. More than 25 students come to his house daily for free tuition.

He believes that: “One person is also enough to bring a change in the society”.

No comments:

Post a Comment